Serves – 4 People | Preparation Time – 10 minutes | Cook Time – 25 minutes
1.2kg Chicken Wings
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 cup cornflour
1/3 cup plain flour
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1/2 bunch chives, finely chopped
vegetable oil, for deep-frying
sliced green chilli, to serve
1. Cut and discard the tips from chicken, then cut through the joints.
2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, paprika and 2 tsp sea salt flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight if time permits.
3. Combine cornflour, flour, seasoning, 2 tsp sea salt flakes, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and white pepper in a bowl. Remove chicken from buttermilk, allowing excess to drain off. Toss in flour mixture to coat and place onto the baking paper-lined tray.
4. Combine remaining buttermilk, yoghurt, most of the chives, and zest and juice of 1 lime.
5. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 6-8 minutes or until golden and cooked. Drain on a wire rack over a tray. Serve chicken with yoghurt sauce, remaining lime cut into wedges, remaining chives and chilli.
tip: Use discarded chicken wingtips to make stock.
Recipe supplied by Woolworths. For more great recipes visit their website.